VIDEO | Money mindset, think yourself rich
Last time we covered budgeting and getting out of debt! I've done my budget and Babes I'm on the hunt for a job so I feel like I'm making some progress to becoming debt free and having a healthier relationship with money.
This week I chat Money Mindset with My Babe and Mindset Coach and Self Made Millionaire, @sunnivaholt.
9 Simple Steps To Change Your Money Mindset
- Identify what your money stories are and where they've come from (let's be honest, probs our parents...). "Money doesn't grow on trees", "money is the root of all evil", "rich people are arrogant" etc. Become clear these stories, where they came from and write them down.
- Dismantle these beliefs. Write down as many reasons as you can for each of these stories as to why they're silly, ridiculous and unhelpful.
- Create your now story, let it be a beautiful relationship with money! "I'm really good with money", "money loves me", "money in the right hands can create positive power" are examples.
- Get leverage on yourself. Write down all of the reasons why you need and want these new money stories in your life.
- Catch you language. Never say "I can't afford that" or "I'm broke" because you can afford things it's just a choice where you're putting your money. Use language like "I choose not to purchase..." instead.
- Get really clear on what you want in your life. If you don't have a target you can't hit it. This means giving your money a home. ie. Last year I really wanted to go to Tony Robbins in Sydney I didn't have the money but as soon as I knew exactly how much I needed and what for I made it happen - YES!
- Money needs to trust you, it needs to know that you're good with it! Make sure you're tracking your money, take note of where you're spending - this is in our notes from our Getting outta debt video and post. Reminder don't hide from your money/debt.
- Stop giving money so much power. Money is just ink on paper, it's a tool, use it!
- We need more money in the hands of the good people so we can have a positive impact. Find examples of people in the world who have lots of money and do lots of fabulous things! Like OPRAH!
My Babes, I feel like we're making progress! The more I talk about money with people the more I'm realising we are not alone. Are you enjoying these vids?
If you have any questions around our money chats please comment below and we'll add them to our list!
EVENT | Soul of Money 2.0
Join me at Sunniva's event next Wednesday 8th November, 6.45-9pm. I'll be giving away a ticket on my instagram over the next couple of days so keep an eye out!
If you don't want to miss out and for more details check the event HERE.
(financial) Health + Happiness - always!